How easy is it to integrate yourself into a new country, specifically Greece? How can you make friends and as an expat in Greece? Here are some tips on how to feel at home in this southern European country.
Tips for Foreigners in Greece | In a Nutshell:
- Take advantage of your initial contacts and resources (free classes, buddy system, roommates, councilors, coworkers, neighbors).
- Initiate communication: don’t wait for others to make the first move.
- Use social media to connect with other expats and create your initial support group.
- Start learning the language or improve your Greek speaking skills.
- Meet the locals by attending events and classes for Greek speakers.
- Consider dating locals, if single.
- Read and watch the local news.
Are Greeks heavy drinkers? Do Greeks prefer coffee or tea? Here is what you should know about the coffee and drinking culture in Greece.
Greek lessons for expats. Teach yourself Greek at home with easy-to-follow videos. Discounts for expats!