As promised, today I will be answering your questions about Greece, the Greek language, and the Greek culture. Are there ancient temples in Greece? Do Greeks still believe in Zeus and the gods and goddesses of Olympus? What are my favorite Greek dish and Greek island? What do I dislike about Greece?
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:36 Are There Ancient Greek Temples in Greece?
- 01:29 Neopagan Religion in Greece
- 02:24 Visa Requirements to Visit or Study in Greece
- 03:30 Studying in Greece
- 08:22 Greek-Cypriot Relations
- 09:25 Cultural Differences Between Crete and Cyprus
- 10:15 Greek Yoghurt vs American Yoghurt
- 11:39 My Favorite Greek Islands
- 12:34 My Favorite Greek Food
- 13:00 What I Dislike About the Greek Culture
A common phenomenon of language learning students is when they reach a point where they can comprehend others but can’t speak in their target language. Greek language students are no exception. …
The Dragon Slayer, the Mermaid, and the Secret of Marmara | Legends from Medieval Greece #2 (Byzantium)
Interested in stories from Medieval Greece (Eastern Roman Empire)? Last time we discussed the Marble King, among other Byzantine legends. Today, we will discover the stories of the priest who vanished in Hagia Sophia, the secret of the Sea of Marmara, the giant Mermaid, and the Christian dragon slayer.