You may know Socrates as the Classical Greek philosopher behind the quote “I know that I know nothing”, who also laid the fundamentals of western philosophy. Here are five facts about the classical Greek philosopher that you may or may not know.
Facts About Socrates:
- Socrates Was The Object of Satire
- Socrates Didn’t Write His Ideas and Methods
- Socrates Criticized Democracy
- We All Use Socrates’ Methods
- Socrates Was Sentenced to Death at the Age of 71
Watch The Video:
Faces of Greece: Alexander III of Macedon
Alexander III of Macedon, known around the world as “Alexander the Great”, marked the start of the Hellenistic period.
Faces of Greece: Cleopatra
Was Queen Cleopatra ethnically Greek? What was her connection to Alexander the Great and the Kingdom of Macedon?
Marialena Perpiraki is a journalist and writer from Athens, Greece. In 2020, she founded Helinika as a cross-media platform.
Feel free to leave questions/remarks…