You may know Socrates as the Classical Greek philosopher behind the quote “I know that I know nothing”, who also laid the fundamentals of western philosophy. Here are five facts about the classical Greek philosopher that you may or may not know.
Facts About Socrates:
- Socrates Was The Object of Satire
- Socrates Didn’t Write His Ideas and Methods
- Socrates Criticized Democracy
- We All Use Socrates’ Methods
- Socrates Was Sentenced to Death at the Age of 71
Watch The Video:
Here are a few English phrases and idioms that you should avoid translating into Greek (+ what you can say instead). The bilingual vlog also includes English idioms that do make sense when translated into Greek.
Helinika has created three printable posters with the Greek alphabet. Students can download the materials for free and use them to decorate their offices/classrooms.