You may know Socrates as the Classical Greek philosopher behind the quote “I know that I know nothing”, who also laid the fundamentals of western philosophy. Here are five facts about the classical Greek philosopher that you may or may not know.
Facts About Socrates:
- Socrates Was The Object of Satire
- Socrates Didn’t Write His Ideas and Methods
- Socrates Criticized Democracy
- We All Use Socrates’ Methods
- Socrates Was Sentenced to Death at the Age of 71
Watch The Video:
Greek listening comprehension exercise for advanced speakers (C2).
There was a time when each lake, river, tree, and mountain was believed to be guarded by a spirit. Or at least that’s what we have been told by ancient Greek storytellers who were able to blend imagination with real life to narrate history in their own way.