Many people choose to live in Greece for work, studies, and love or because they want to experience the southern European lifestyle. There is a big expat community in Greece that consists of people from all around the world. Students, scholars, au pairs, entrepreneurs, farmers, artists, history lovers, and tourism workers move to Greece every year. Although speaking the language is not always required, it is recommended that you learn at least the basics of the Greek language. I can assure you that Greek is not as difficult as it seems.
Five Reasons for Learning Greek as an Expat in Greece:
- Older generations might struggle communicating with you in English.
- Bureaucratic procedures will be much easier.
- Your career/study prospects will be enhanced if you speak the language.
- Developing real connections with the locals might require you to speak Greek.
- Speaking the local language will enable you to assimilate into the Greek society.
Ways to Learn Greek as an Expat | Expats in Greece
- Watch videos to learn the basics of the Greek language.
- Hire a tutor for 1-1 sessions.
- Find a language school that offers Greek language lessons for foreigners.
- Join a tandem group.
- Speak Greek with the locals whenever possible.
Why Choose Helinika to Learn Greek? Helinika offers:
- Easy-to-follow videos.
- 11 downloadable resources.
- Full lifetime access.
- Access on mobile and TV.
- Tests and exercises.
- Feedback and guidance per request.
- Certificate of completion.
Why Move to Greece? | Greek Expat Community
- You can live right by the sea; Greece has a coastline of 13.6 km and 6.000 islands!
- The food is amazing; Greece has a rich culinary heritage.
- There are plenty of opportunities for chefs, bartenders, and anyone working in the tourism industry.
- No more gloomy days; Athens, the capital of Greece, has 350 sunny days per year!
- Safety comes first! Greece has very low crime rates, especially when it comes to violent crimes.
- Your rights to live and get an education are respected. Greece offers free healthcare and free education.
You may also like:
Online Greek lessons for beginners and intermediate speakers. Start learning…
Improve your Greek language skills with a complete video course…